Wednesday 16 May 2012

Work Night Thai Green Chicken Curry


Continuing with the showcase of Gourmet Garden's herb pastes, today's recipe is one that can be done very quickly, so is great for those nights when you get home from work late, or really can't be bothered.


Thai Green Chicken Curry
Ingredients
1 chopped onion
2 Tbsp oil
500 g chicken breast (or thigh)
2 Tbsp Green Curry Paste
2 Tbsp Gourmet Garden's Thai Seasoning
1 Tbsp fish sauce
1 tin coconut flavoured evaporated milk (I use this as a light alternative to coconut milk or cream)
1/2 cup water
1 red capsicum chopped
300 g pumpkin chopped into cubes and steamed through (I usually just boil for 5 minutes, don't want it too soft)
1 head of broccoli


Method
1. Heat oil in pan and add onion. Lightly sauté. 
2. Add chicken and cook til browned
3. Add curry paste and Gourmet Garden Thai Paste and heat through


4. Add fish sauce, water, capsicum and pumpkin and tin of evaporated milk - simmer for 10 minutes (be sure not to boil if using evaporated milk, as will separate)
5. Add broccoli, some extra liquid if needed and simmer gently for a further 5 minutes
6. Serve with rice and some lime wedges
Sorry, here's the crap food styling at play - definitely tastes better than it looks!

This is the only time I have ever had coriander in the house (in the Gourmet Garden Thai Seasoning). TBone is ecstatic, and thinks I should get over my hatred for it. I will admit when done this way, it is not that offensive......
But no leaf coriander - EVER!!!!


Do you have a quick easy work night meal? Let me know, I am always looking for new ideas.



Chantel x

Disclaimer: I received some products from Gourmet Garden to try out and am taking part in their Blog Off / Cook Off competition



0 comments: