Saturday 27 August 2011

Grateful for......

There are so many things to be grateful for the past week, I thought I would choose my top five:


1. TBone - I am off on another manic venture in my quest for working out what I want to be when I grow up. This week, it is a solicitor and I have decided that once I finish my MBA next July, I am going to commence a postgraduate law degree. This will only work if I stop working part time and TBone is very supportive and happy to allow me to explore my dreams - probably because he knows next month I will come up with a new crazy plan. (but I think this one may be a goer:o))



2. My parents - they have been overseas for six weeks, arriving back on Tuesday and having them away for so long, made me realise how much they do for us, not only with Master Z, but just being there for a chat, or unwind.

3.  Birthdays - what started out as a shamozzle in my head, turned into one of the best birthdays a girl could ask for. When I stopped throwing a tantrum and took stock of things, slowed the pace down and accepted that not everything needs to go the way I planned to still be great, we had a lovely weekend. I also looked very ungrateful and can't believe that with all the terrible things people are going through in their lives, I felt the need to whinge about this.



4. Our health - our house hasn't been well for the past 8 weeks, with one of us down with something or other each time. But the lurgys we have had are fleeting, symptoms controlled with paracetamol and rest. We are so fortunate to be healthy.


5. Wine - I love wine, I love white wine, I love red wine. Our quarterley wine club dozen arrived yesterday - nuff said!!!


What are you grateful for this week? 


Linking up with Maxabella's Grateful for Link






4 comments:

J said...

I think its healthy to whine on occasion. I think it does not mean you are ungrateful but just acknowledging your feelings really. And we should be allowed that. Have a great weekend!

TheThingsIdTellYou said...

I'm glad it was a good birthday for you. And that you're all feeling a bit better.

The Post Grad Law degree sounds awesome. I would love to study (even if we had the $, my heath doesn't allow for it atm, but maybe one day). Glad that this is something he's being so supportive of.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. <3

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great week. And to top if off with your wine delivery was the icing on your cake.

Anonymous said...

Good on you for the degree! And I am glad the birthday righted itself. And you're allowed to be upset or be cross about things. Hugs x