Sunday 28 August 2011

Sunday Session

  

Thought I would do something different today and link in with Thea's Sunday session at Do I really Wanna Blog?

I love music, our life is full of music and our house has very eclectic tastes. I love nothing more than watching Master Z 'dancing' to the radio. His favourite is Copperhead Road from Steve Earle - not a song I like, but a certain radio station I sometimes listen to as I know all the words to all the songs, plays it every day!!! He enjoys it as he can stamp his feet on the floorboards throughout.

I am more a Triple J girl, desperately clinging to my youth. This week, I heard some awesome songs that took me back to the nineties when life was so simple. Mike Mills, a well known director and graphic artist was on Zan Rowe's morning show on Friday and played 5 songs that he has been involved in some how. My favorite of these was Sonic Youth's Diamond Sea - but the radio friendly version, not their usual 17 minute prog rock version. Mike did the cover art to Sonic Youths' album 'Washing Machine' that this song came from.





Second song I chose, is Blind Melon's No Rain as it was part of a mash on Spicks and Specks  and again flashed me back to my uni days - haven't thought about this song for ages, buts its a cute little catchy tune that reminds me of summer.




What songs have caught your ears this week?

Chantel x







3 comments:

Shelly - Tropical Mum said...

'No Rain' reminds me of when I first moved to Australia. Fond memories. Thanks for the flashback.

Thea said...

I used to love Triple J too...a million years ago.

Great picks this week. You made me feel young again! Thanks!! :)

Kate @ Our Little Sins said...

Sonic Youth never made it to my tape player when I was younger but I love 'No Rain'... I wonder what that little girl is doing now?! Great picks!