Saturday 22 October 2011

Grateful for......Urrgghhh!

I am so grateful my three bridesmaids when I got married did not organise a stripper for my Hen's Party.
I am glad they know me well enough to know I would have left the party rather than have to go through that.


I have never enjoyed strippers, no matter how drunk I am, I find it cringe worthy. This is no judgement against anyone that does enjoy them, I just get so embarrassed that it takes away any enjoyment. If the attention was directed towards me, I would find it terrifying and uncomfortable. I also just don't enjoy seeing naked guys - I find down to a nice pair of boxes very sexy - anything beyond just looks like Da Vinci's Anatomical Man.

My attitude and lack of interest may have come about from the work I do. As an Occupational Therapist, I have seen so many naked men of all ages, sizes and colours in my working life, that I am just not interested. I will admit the majority I have seen are elderly - so I have a very good understanding of where things are heading. Maybe I am a prude and just not comfortable around things that overtly sexual, but then surely deep down I would enjoy it........Maybe I am just too old for this now - it true -most of the guys working now are "young enough to be my son" (if I had a son at 16 of course!)

I remember being dragged to see Manpower by one of my friend's when I was younger - I hated it. No matter how much I tried to get into it, I didn't enjoy it at all. The crowd was going feral for them - mainly women of cougar age. I didn't get the appeal. My friend has since come out and has married her wife, so I am not too sure how it affected her......

I have a Hen's Party to go to tonight and I am sure there will be stripper / strippers there. I will be the one cringing in the corner with my cocktail, just praying for it to be over quickly! 

Am I just a prude and in the minority? Do most women enjoy naked reviews?

I am linking up today with Maxabella's Grateful for...... linky. Head on over and see what others are grateful for today.



Chantel x



5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am exactly the same. I think male strippers are very over rated. I much prefer subtle sexiness :)

Maxabella said...

I would be cringing right there next to you, Chantel. I've never understood the fun of it either... just plain tacky if you ask me. x

Anonymous said...

My friends organised one for me when I got married and I wanted to DIE during it all. I know exactly what you mean. xx

Madmother said...

I have no issue with strippers, but far prefer the comic ones (like the kazoo player I saw once).

Here from Weekend Grateful.

::The Beetle Shack:: said...

Cracking me up with this post!

Thais is how much of a prude I am- never even seen a stripper!

xo em