Monday 19 March 2012

Postal Excitement

I love getting parcels in the mail - especially when I have forgotten I even ordered it.

I just had to share this one.

It is my "Choose Joy" necklace from The Vintage Pearl. These necklaces were designed to help to raise money for Ashley, the owner of the wonderful kids clothing, design and crafting blog 'Lil Blue Boo'.

Ashley has an amazing blog with wonderful craft ideas, funky kids clothes and organisation tips. Unfortunately recently, it has also become a place where she chronicles her fight against cancer. She was diagnosed with choriocarcinoma in October 2011 and is giving it a good run for its money. She writes honestly and with optimism about her daily battle and treatment regimes. Even when she has down days, she allows herself these, but continues to 'Choose Joy'. She writes on  her website:

                                 "Life can be hard... there's financial trouble, difficult relationships,
                                 health problems, death etc.... But everyday I have a choice:
                                 I can let these things bring me down.... Or I can choose joy
                                 and just be thankful that I'm here. I can choose."

She is an inspiring woman, running the race of her life and winning. I love her determination and I think everyone can learn from her journey.

I choose joy!


Chantel x


0 comments: