Tuesday 23 October 2012

Happiness is.....

Image

....sneaking into Zeb's room and watching him sleep,

....rubbing my nose through Keisha's freshly washed mane of fur,

....the smell of freshly mown lawn,

....a coffee made by Husband on a Sunday afternoon,

....waking up early on a Saturday morning only to remember it is my turn to sleep in,

....starting to declutter our house, getting ready to pack for our big move North,

....making plans for a new blog, designs, titles and ongoing content (stay tuned!),

....learning the tools of the trade from some inspirational bloggers

....scouring websites and reviews to try to decide what computer is best to suit our needs

....knowing that my inspiring friend's beautiful little boy could arrive any day now,

....spending balmy evenings in the company of old, best friends,

....celebrating 6 years of marriage with a fancypants meal and instead of having a dessert, going back for a second entree (and then I may have also had dessert.......),

....planning a day of shopping and a pedicure All. By. Myself,

....getting excited that there is only 63 sleeps til Christmas,

....filling up my diary with summer, Christmassy catch ups with good friends

....spending as much time with our families as we know when we make our move, visits will be few and far between,

....planning our next getaway - tropical, skiing or shopping?

....watching re-runs of 'How I Met Your Mother' scattered in between episodes of 'Thomas the Tank'

....knowing that whatever we do, wherever we end up, we are on this journey together.

Happiness is right here. Right now.




Linking up today with the awesome Jess from Diary of a SAHM for I Blog on Tuesdays. Head on over and check out some awesome posts.

 

15 comments:

Lyndal said...

Ahhhhhhh such a gorgeous post hon. Xx

Yvette Bowyer said...

what a beautiful list of happiness :) gorgeous!!!


#teamIBOT was here :) xx

Peggy said...

Thank you, this reminded me to think positive. Always positive = happiness.  

Rhianna @ A Parenting Life said...

Awe, what a beautiful post. I need to go and find my happiness I think

Kirsty @ My Home Truths said...

That made me smile - what an inspiring list of happiness in the everyday!

Jacana said...

Thanks for the reminder to stop and smell the roses.

Rita said...

Beautiful post, a reminder that happiness is in the small things.

the parenting files - tahlia said...

I love this! Sometimes the most simple things bring so much happiness. thank youxo

Bachelormum said...

Sounds like you have a beautiful outlook and a lot to enjoy x

Yellow_Dandy said...

A day to yourself.. Ahhmazing.. that would make me happy as well. I also love the Christmas season! Can't wait. Great list, makes me want to do one too! 

Jess said...

Just reading this gave me such a beautiful sense of peace and happiness. Simple pleasures that are so beautiful and important. 

Geraldine said...

Amazing that there are so many things to be happy and thankful about :) I like this the best - ....waking up early on a Saturday morning only to remember it is my turn to sleep in! I can't remember the last time I slept in.

Lisa@ Mummymanifesto said...

Hi Chantel,
Lisa from mummymanifesto, visiting via BYW students boot camp. I look forward to seeing the blog makeover. Good luck with your move north and congrats on your wedding anniversary. I will keep a lookout for your blog in the future-sounds like big changes ahead x

Glowless said...

So I don't want to alarm you, but I CAN SEE YOUR BLOG NOW! So yay for hosting changes :) 

Anonymous said...

The other day, while I was at work, my sister stole my iPad and tested to see if it can survive
a 40 foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My apple ipad is
now broken and she has 83 views. I know this is entirely off topic but I had to share it with someone!


Visit my site: diet plans for women