Sunday 6 November 2011

Sunday Session - Blur versus Oasis

The great musical rivalries, Beatles vs Stones, Wham vs Duran Duran, NSync vs Backstreet Boys, Take That vs Boyzone - but the one that was most relevant for me, was Blur versus Oasis. I was never in one camp or the other, just got to relish the awesome music that came out of that era.


I love Damon Albarn and thought that Liam Gallagher was a bit of a wanker. I do, however think Noel Gallagher is an amazing writer and it was when I saw him interviewed the other night on Jonathan Ross that I got thinking about the rivalry between these two bands. Of course it was all fuelled by the British tabloid media at the time, and I think Liam may have had a lot to do with stirring the pot too. Jonathan asked Noel is he would ever consider doing  a collaboration with Damon Albarn and he gave a very positive answer - if only - all my 90s dreams realised :o)


Here is a few of my favourite videos:


























Sorry for the poor quality and not original vids, all quite heavily copyrighted, but the beauty of these bands is to see them live anyway!


Linking up with Thea as always on a Sunday



0 comments: